Yesterday I introduced a brand new set of patterns called "Days of the Week Bunting Pattern Pack". Each day of the week has a bunting (aka "banner" aka "flag garland") with the day of the week held up between whimsical items. Here is the run down:
* Sunday -- 2 ice cream cones hold this bunting -- each with a cherry on top (of course!)
* Monday -- this bunting is held up on a clothes line that is flanked by wild flowers
* Tuesday -- one of my favorites, this one shows a bunny looking appreciatively at his garden of carrot seeds just starting to sprout. The bunting is held up on 2 poles with a carrot seed packet on top of each one. I stitched this one up .... see ....
* Wednesday -- this one is a nod to our love of stitching, it is an oval embroidery hoop with a WIP of a cute bunting
* Thursday -- A sweet bird flies through the air with the bunting trailing behind
* Friday -- This is my favorite one ... two toadstools hold up the bunting while a ladybug walks across the line holding up the bunting. This was the first pattern out of the set that I embroidered ...
* Saturday -- This one I am stitching up next, this is two large lolli-pops holding up the bunting ... mmmm!
Anyhow, I was initially planning on talking about the stitches/floss colors I used in my stitched examples today, but time has gotten away from me, so that will have to be a post for tomorrow or Sunday (or let's face it ... probably Monday), but I really wanted to share with you the matching free pattern I created to go with my new pattern pack. It is called "Bug party". In my mind these bugs are setting up a party for one of their friends .. I only put one ant and one bumblebee ... but feel free to add even more bugs, maybe the ladybugs from my Days of the week set? Get your free pattern HERE.
And, as I mentioned in yesterday's post, blog readers get 20% their total purchase from the split stitch until 6/23/11 when they use this code at checkout: JUNEBLOGREADER11 ... so don't miss out, grab my new pattern sheet HERE!
Have a great weekend!!
Hugs, Sara :)